Several of the world’s most esteemed universities can be found in the United Kingdom, which has a world-class educational system. As one of the world’s top five most costly study locations, the United Kingdom forces prospective students to seek out alternative means of finance. Fortunately, there are part-time jobs for overseas students in the United Kingdom to help.
Throughout the semester, Indian students are only allowed to work for 10hrs/week on an average. Whereas, during semester breaks or the holidays, students can work for 20hrs/week. This is all based on the visa type students have during their stay in the UK. Generally, Indian students have a Tier-4 visa.
Requirements For International Students Working Part-Time In The United Kingdom
There are some constraints and rules that must be adhered to while working part-time in the United Kingdom on a student visa.
- For a full-time degree programme, you cannot work more than 20 hours a week, or four hours a day, with weekends off.
- You are not allowed to work more than 10 hours a week while taking a language course.
- Once the session is over, you’ll be able to find work that requires you to put in 40 hours per week, or 8 hours per day, with the weekends off.
- No contract or freelancing work is allowed for you.
- You must have a post-study work visa in order to work as a full-time employee at any company.
Maintaining a Healthy Work-Study Relationship:
Keep in mind that the most important thing is to get a good grade in the class. Avoid taking a job that interferes with your studies and will have a negative impact on your grades. It’s important to find a good balance between school and work.
Types of Part Time Jobs in UK
On-Campus Part-Time Employment Opportunities
Being able to work on the university’s own campus can save you a lot of time and money in travel expenses. It also aids in the preservation of a healthy work-life balance. Libraries, computer facilities, canteen, admissions office, research labs, etc. are the most common places to find on-campus jobs. Due to the large number of people looking for work, these positions are quickly filling up.
- Assistant Librarian
- Campus Ambassador
- Lab Assistant
- Tech Support
- The Campus Guide
- Student content creator
- Assistants to the teacher
- Assistant in Residence
- Off-Campus Part-Time Employment Opportunities
It’s easier to get a job off-campus for Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Hyderabad students because it’s available in a variety of fields. The distance between your institution and employer should be taken into consideration when searching for jobs off-campus. Make plans for your daily commute and set aside some time each day to work on your schoolwork.
- Helper in a Bookstore
- Operator of a Computerized Data Processing System
- Assistant in a Grocery Store
- Waiter/ waitress
- Delivery Boy
- Sales Associate
- Executives in Customer Service
- IT Assistant
- Student’s Own Tutor
- Online Part Time Part-Time Employment Opportunities
For Hyderabad students, part-time jobs in the United Kingdom can provide additional opportunities. In addition, there are a wide range of online jobs available! You may find it beneficial to have a part-time online job in the United Kingdom while pursuing an advanced degree. An internet connection and a laptop are the only requirements for finding work online. In the UK, there are also a large number of options for working from home.
- Researcher in Marketing
- Input of Data